Monday, March 8, 2010

Vintage Nylon Slips

I'm just curious to know how many women in the world still wear and have the need for nylon full slips and half slips.
I've been collecting slips for over 20 years and have been waiting for their return since their fall from grace.
If you go to most department stores, all you ever see is the plain white, black, or beige slips from makers like Vanity Fair or Vasserette. And even though these slips are pretty in their own little way, there is no comparison to the vintage slips of the past where you could find every shade of color under the sun and laces that would make any woman (or mans) mouth water!
I'm talking about high quality made slips from makers like, Van Raalte, Vanity Fair, French Maid, Ashley Taylor, Joan Collins, Victoria Secrets. Even your local department stores like JC Penney, Sears, Dillards, Famous Barr, Montgomery Ward all sold slips that were high quality nylon; not anything like you have to buy today, because you have no other choice!
Then if you actually find a vintage site that sells these garments, you are going to be paying so much for one that it makes you wonder if you really need one at all.
But I may have found a solution to all those women out there who are looking for high quality vintage slips.
All you have to do is let me know what you are looking for; whether it's a specific color, or size, or a specific maker in a specific color or size. There is a good chance that I will have it for far less than you will be able to buy from most other vintage websites.
But I am going to go a different route. Rather than create a website that I know I don't have time for, I am going to post a email address so you ladies can email me with what your looking for. In return I will email you a detailed picture with a price of what I have to offer, and if it is of any interest to you, we can work out the details at your convience.
All of my slips are in Excellent Condition and will not be sold any other way.
If your looking for custom made slips, I have a woman that makes them for me. The quality of her slips can be matched right up there with Vanity Fair. But she only makes half slips and the cost (will) be much higher than what I can sell a quality vintage slip for. But it is a (custom made slip) and they are very high end quality.
I would still like to hear from everyone and get their opinion and views about the demise of silky nylon vintage slips from the past and if there are any women who still wears them and why.
You can email me at secondhandslipshop@live.com or sliplovin66@hotmail.com if your looking for that special slip for yourself or someone special.
Thank you for your imput

No comments:

Post a Comment